Being health-conscious is a real thing! Being proactive about our health, on the inside and outside, is a trend that isn’t going to go away. Some beauty trends counter our health-conscious society. One of these trends: having that perfect tan. The victim of this trend: our skin’s overall health. We have all been told from a young age to be mindful of the amount of time that we spend in the sun because too much sun can lead to moles, early aging, and even skin cancer. The perfect solution to this problem is sunless tanning. Sunless tanning is offered in a few forms: self-tanning lotions that have a tendency to be uneven, pricey professional custom spray tans, and the premium, near-flawless VersaSpa spray tan booth.
So how do you get the most out of your VersaSpa sunless tanning experience? These are some of our top suggestions to obtain the best results possible.
- Exfoliate & Shave: Exfoliate and shave the day before your appointment. Exfoliation helps to remove the dead skin cells to reveal fresh skin underneath. Shaving your skin not only removes hair but also provides a smooth surface for the spray to adhere to.
- Use a Spray Tan Primer: A Spray Tan Primer helps to even out the condition of your skin. It also helps to allow your tan to penetrate deeper and provide quicker results.
- Take It Off! Remove all makeup, deodorant, and perfumes. We do not want any uneven finishes, so make sure you walk into the booth as a clean canvas.
- What to Wear: Easy and loose is what we’re aiming for. If there’s ever a time to bust out your sweats and a t-shirt it is now. Continue to wear loose clothing until you are able to shower.
- Hydrate: Keeping your skin hydrated after your spray tan is important to have a long-lasting tan and keeping it looking new. VersaSpa has its own line of products to help with this.
- Mindful Waxing: Make sure your waxing appointment is at least 48 hours prior to your spray tan. The process of waxing opens up the pores. They then take up to 2 days to close again. This cannot only lead to possible skin irritation but also an uneven tan. Do not obtain a wax after your spray tan as it can strip color away.
- Lotions: Do not use any lotions the day of your sunless tanning session as they can block the absorption of the spray tan solution.
- Avoid the Shower and the Gym: Avoid taking a shower or going to the gym for 4-6 hours after your spray tan.